Monday, March 7, 2016

Disenchanted in 2016

I’m reading the book Thrive by Arianna Huffington. It’s a great book. I recommend it for anyone who thinks money and power are the best measures of success. Honestly, it echos a journey I’ve been on since I got sick.

Like many, I’ve been watching the current political goings ons with a great deal of heartache. I hate politics, and I hate even more not seeing a single candidate that represents me and those I hold dearest. Probably why this quote resonated with me.

“We cannot wait for a leader to ride in on a white horse to save us. We all need to find the leader in the mirror, and take the steps needed to make a difference, both in our own communities and at the other end of the world.” - Arianna Huffington, Thrive: The Third Metric


No comments:

Post a Comment